Pages

2/4/14

Magdalena, A Perfect Circle

Magdalena

C# 
Overcome by your moving  
E 
temple
C# 
Overcome by this holiest  
E 
of 
 
altars
C# 
So pure, so  
C#m7 
rare
C# 
To witness such an earthly Goddess
That I’ve lost my self control
C#m 
Beyond 
 
 
E 
C# 
compelled to  
C# 
throw this  
C#m 
dollar
E 
Down before  
C# 
your
 
Holiest of  
E 
C#m 
altars
 
Gdim 
C# 
I’d sell  
B 
my 
 
soul
 
My self-esteem a dollar at a  
C# 
time
 
One chance,  
C#m 
one 
 
 
E 
kiss
C# 
One taste  
C# 
C#m 
of 
 
 
E 
you my Magdalena
I bear witness
C#m 
To this place, this  
A 
prayer, 
 
 
D# 
so long  
C# 
forgotten
D# 
So pure, so rare
 
To witness such an  
C# 
Fm 
earthly 
 
Goddess
That I’d sell my soul
My self-esteem a dollar at a time
For one chance, one kiss
One taste of you my black Madonna
 
F#m 
I’d 
 
 
D# 
sell 
 
 
C# 
my 
 
soul
D# 
My self-esteem  
D# 
C# 
a dollar at  
C 
 
time
One taste, one taste
 
One taste  
C# 
of you my Magdalena