Pages

2/4/15

Mrs. Jones Your Daughter Cried All Night lyrics and chords

Mrs. Jones Your Daughter Cried All Night
Recorded by Bobby Bare
Written by Tom T. Hall


G                   B7              C             G
I bought a ring and gave it to your daughter Mrs. Jones
                                     D7
She promised me that she would be my wife
    G             B7                C               G
But after she had talked to you she gave me back my ring
                D7                 G
Mrs. Jones your daughter cried all night

                B7                 C
Mrs. Jones your daughter cried all night
    A7                                  D7
You wouldn't give your blessings to our love
    G                    B7            C             G
You said she should stop seeing me and maybe you are right
                    D7                 G
But Mrs. Jones your daughter cried all night

                B7               C                   G
Mrs. Jones some day some man may bring your daughter wealth
                                      D7
And all the things that I could never buy
    G             B7                  C                  G
But Mrs. Jones we love each other and wealth won't buy a love
                            D7                 G
And I guess that's why your daughter cried all night

              B7                  C
Oh how I wish that I could be the man
    A7                                    D7
Who has the wealth to win your daughter's hand
    G                B7                C              G
You know her life is in your hands and you hold on so tight
                D7                 G
Mrs. Jones your daughter cried all night

Repeat #2