Pages

12/20/14

Love In The First Degree

Love In The First Degree
 By  Alabama   written by Jim Hunt & Tim Dubois


G                           D7
I once thought of love as a prison
  C                     G
A place I didn't want to be
Am             G
So long ago  I made a decision
   Am                     D7
To be footloose and fancy free
    G                     D7
But you came and I was so tempted
   C                       G
To gamble on love just one time
   Am              G
I never thought I would get caught
   Am                      D7
It seemed like the perfect crime

C                  G
Baby you left me defenseless
C                 G
I've only got one plea
Am             G
Lock me away inside of your love
    Am             D7
And throw away the key
    C          D7                G
I'm guilty  of love in the first degree
 
                         D7
I thought it would be so simple
       C                G    
Like a thousand times before
    Am                 G
I'd take what I wanted and just walk away
    Am                     D7
But I never made it to the door
    G                        D7
Now babe I'm not begging for mercy
   C                           G
Go ahead and throw the book at me
   Am                    G
If loving you is a crime I know that I'm
   Am                  D7
As guilty as a man can be

Repeat #2
      C                 G
Tag:  Love in the first degree