Pages

2/4/14

Jackie Evancho, Believe

F 
Dm 
A# 
F 
C 
G 
Before I lay me down to rest
F 
Am 
I ask the Lord one small request
I know I have all I could need
F 
But this prayer is  
G 
not for me
Too many people  
C 
on this  
Am 
day
Don’t have a peaceful place to stay
A# 
Let all fighting cease that your children may  
F 
see 
peace
Wipe their  
A# 
F 
tears of sorrow  
C 
away
To believe  
F 
in 
Am 
day
When hunger  
A# 
and war  
C 
will pass  
Dm 
away
To have  
A# 
the hope amidst  
Dm 
despair
That every  
F 
sparrow’s 
counted
That you hear each cry and listen to each prayer
Let me try  
Am 
always to believe
F 
That we can hear  
Am 
the hearts that grieve
Please help  
A# 
us not ignore
The anguished cries  
Dm 
of the poor
Or their  
A# 
pain 
F 
will never leave
C 
To believe  
F 
in 
Am 
day
A# 
When hunger and war  
C 
will pass  
Dm 
away
To have the  
Am 
hope amidst  
Dm 
despair
That every  
F 
sparrow’s 
counted
That you hear their cries and listen to each prayer
C# 
Father, as you see,  
Fm 
I’m just a child
Cm 
And there’s so much to  
Gm 
understand
But if Your Grace  
G# 
should surround me
Then I’ll do the best I  
D# 
can
I promise, I’ll  
Fm 
do the very best I can
F 
C 
To believe  
G 
in a day
Bm 
When hunger  
C 
and war  
D 
will pass  
Em 
away
To have  
C 
the 
Em 
hope amidst despair
That every sparrow’s counted
G 
That you hear  
Am 
each cry and listen to each
Em 
G 
Prayer {Hear each cry and listen to each prayer}
Help us do Your will oh Father
In the name of all that’s true
And we’ll see in one another
The loving  
Gaug 
G 
D 
image 
G 
of 
You
The loving image of You