Pages

11/10/13

Lone Star Christmas

Lone Star Christmas
Recorded by Lee Greenwood


C                          F        C
There's a blanket of white all over Chicago
                                                     G7
And the bright Christmas lights bring a cheer to the air
        C               F           C
And the Salvation Santa down on the corner
     F       C            G7          C
Sure finding out just how much people care

                        F           C
The cathedral bells are ringing out carols
                                     G7
And the last minute shoppers singing along
        C                    F              C
In this two bit hotel room I reach for your picture
           C   F          G7         C
Lord knows I'm missing my San Antone home
                   
                              F         C
And tonight I'm dreaming of a Lone Star Christmas
                                          G7
Singing Oh Holy Night with that family of mine
             C                  F        C
I tucked the kids in early with hugs and kisses
             F        C           G7        C
Then I drink from the fountain of your lips divine

           F                C
Darling  I almost feel your presence
                                  G7
God knows I'm dying of loneliness here
   C                        F              C
We must have patience cause things will be better
              F     C         G7             C
And we'll all be together for Christmas next year

Repeat #3

                          F         C
Tonight I'm dreaming of a Lone Star Christmas