Pages

1/6/15

Walk Out Backwards

Walk Out Backwards
written and recorded by Bill Anderson


G                                  C
I'd rather live a life of lies and fantasy
G                                         D7
Than to face the truth and realize you're leaving me
    G              G7                   C
You built me up so high my heart can't stand to fall
    G                 D7                     G
And life without your love just isn't life at all

                                  C
So walk out backwards if you must go
                 D7
But please don't wave goodbye
                   G
Just wave one last hello
                                      C
The truth won't hurt so much if I can just pretend
              D7
So walk out backwards
                              G
And I'll think you're walking in

                                           C
Well you walked into my heart in search of sympathy
    G
And from that day down to this
                  D7
You've walked all over me
    G                  G7                   C
And now you're walking out to love somebody new
G                 D7
But you're not by yourself
                 G
Cause my heart's leaving too

Repeat #2