Pages

1/6/15

Coffee Brown Eyes

Coffee Brown Eyes
Recorded by Billy Walker
Written by Sonny Flaharty and Kent Westberry
[3/4 time]



C          G7        C             G7           C
In Romaris cantina I loved her the first time I saw her
                G7          C        G7      C        C7
My heart danced away to the music of Spanish guitars
    F                                         G7
Her kisses had me feeling like I had too much Tequila
                                        C
Then we made mucho amor there under the stars

         G7          C        G7          C
I didn’t know at the time our love was forbidden
           G7           C            G7          C    C7
Her family just did not approve of a Gringo like me
     F                                               G7
We’d meet at an old run down shack just south of the river
                                                C
And I’d hold her close and whisper to her tenderly

C7           F                  C
Coffee brown e-y-es hair like a raven
               G7                                              C
It’s her lucky seven for me every night when the moon turns to gold
C7           F                 C
Coffee brown e-y-es soft as an angel
              G7                                       C
It’s heaven I found in a small border town down in Old Mexico

          G7   C         G7             C
I rode my pony up to the shack late one evening
                G7         C           G7         C      C7
I’d been on the run and it seemed like forever or more
  F                                        G7
I felt a cold empty feeling well up inside me
                                                  C
When all that I found was an unsigned note on the door

                  G7   C           G7         C
Your coffee brown eyes passed away early this morning
                   G7       C        G7              C     C7
The last thing she said was tell him true love never dies
    F                                          G7
She kept the secret of your love hidden inside her
                                                    C
Till this morning a baby was born with coffee brown eyes

Repeat #3  

C7           F    C
Coffee brown e-y-es