Pages

12/20/14

Tennessee Christmas

Tennessee Christmas
Recorded by Alabama
Written by Amy Grant and Gary Chapman



G              Em            C              D7
Come on weatherman give us a forecast snowy white
G                  Em               C                 D7
Can't you hear the prayers of every childlike heart tonight
C                   G
Rockies are calling Denver snow falling
D7                 G
Somebody said it's four feet deep
    C                 G                    D7
But it doesn't matter give me the laughter I'm gonna choose to keep

        G                C          D7                     G
Another tender Tennessee Christmas  the only Christmas for me
                        Bm                Am                D7
Where the love circles around us like the gifts beneath our tree
       G                            Bm               Dm             C
Well I know there's more snow up in Colorado than my roof will ever see
             D7        G         Em        Am   D7            G
But a tender Tennessee Christmas    is the only Christmas for me

              Em           C                 D7
Every now and then I get a wandering urge to see
G                Em    C                D7
Maybe California maybe Tinseltown's for me
C                      G
There's a parade there we'd have it made there
D7                   G
Bring home a tan for New Year's Eve
     C               G                D7
Sure sounds exciting awfully inviting still I think I'm gonna keep

        G                C         D7                     G
Another tender Tennessee Christmas the only Christmas for me
                       Bm                 Am               D7
Where the love circles around us like the gifts around our tree
     G                       Bm                    Dm            C
Well they say in L.A. it's a warm holiday it's the only place to be
             D7        G         Em        Am   D7            G
But a tender Tennessee Christmas    is the only Christmas for me

Em       Am   D7            G
It’s the only Christmas for me