Pages

12/20/14

Dixieland Delight

Dixieland Delight
recorded by Alabama
written by Ronnie Rogers


C                                    G7  
Rolling down-a backwoods Tennessee byway
Am             F                C    
One arm on the wheel holding my lover
         G7    Am                    F    
With the other a sweet soft southern thrill
                Am                G7    
Worked hard all week Got a little jingle
     Am                 F                    C    
On a Tennessee Saturday night  couldn't feel better
      G7             Fm          C
I'm together with my Dixieland Delight

         G7               Am      
Spend my dollar park in a holler
                        F    
'Neath the mountain moonlight
         C                      G7    
Hold her up tight make a little loving
               Am                      F    
A little turtledoving on a Mason-Dixon night
        Am         F    
Fits my life oh so right
   Fm          C    
My Dixieland Delight

                                 G7
White-tail buck deer munching on clover
Am                         F               C
Red-tail hawk sitting on a limb chubby old groundhog
         G7       Am                       F
Croaking bullfrog free as a feeling in the wind
                  Am                   G7
Homegrown country girl gonna give me a whirl
     Am                 F                 C
On a Tennessee Saturday night  lucky as a seven
          G7             Fm          C
Living in heaven with my Dixieland Delight

Repeat #2