Pages

11/18/14

Daddy Will Santa Claus Ever Have To Die chords

Daddy Will Santa Claus Ever Have To Die
Recorded by Jimmy Martin
Written by Jay Penny and Jimmy Martin
[3/4 time]


G7                                   C
Daddy will Santa Clause ever have to die

                                             G7
Oh those words from my little girl they just nearly broke my heart
                                            C
Since her mother died our world’s been torn apart
                             C7                  F
And the tears filled my eyes till I could hardly see
     G7                                C
As I heard the words that Lisa said to me

                        G7
Daddy will Santa Clause ever have to die
                                        C
Like my momma did when she left you and I
                                 G7
Or will he live forever like the stars in the sky
                                        C
Oh daddy will Santa Clause ever have to die

                                          G7
I said now honey don’t you worry let your heart be full of cheer
                                                            C
Cause if you live a hundred Christmas’ Santa Clause will be near
                                C7                 F
And as I sit down beside her it was such a painful thing
      G7                                C
Cause there was a lot of hurt for me to explain

Repeat #2

   G7                                   C
Oh daddy will Santa Clause ever have to die