Pages

2/18/14

The Art Of Letting Go, Mariah Carey

The Art Of Letting Go,  Mariah Carey


C x32010
C/B x2x01x
E 022100
Am x02210
F 133211 or x3321x
Fm 133111



[Verse I]
C E
I’m making a statement of my own opinion
Am F
Just a brief little reminder to help myself remember
C E Am F
I know no longer live in your dominion (no, no, no, ooh)
C C/B Am G F
You’re just trifling, nothing more than a liability
Fm
Gotta lay up all your possessions
Fm
Outside the kitchen window right now


[Chorus] (No Chords)
Letting go,
C
letting go ain’t easy
E
Oh, it’s just exceedingly hurtful
Am
‘Cause somebody you used to know
F
It’s flinging your world around
C E Am F
And they watch, as you’re falling down, down, down
C
Falling down, baby


[Verse II] E
Evidently your words were merely lies
Am
Reverberating in my ears
F
And the echo won’t subside
C
There’s deep deep loss of hope
E
And the anger burns in me
Am F
I hope you don’t get no ideas ’bout re-uniting baby

‘Cause that’s the last thing I truly need
C C/B Am G F
Your audacity is too much to be believed, so
Fm
Go to MiMi on your contacts, press delete


[Chorus] C
Letting go ain’t easy
E
Oh, it’s just exceedingly hurtful
Am F
‘Cause somebody you used to know
C
Is flinging your world around And they watch, as you’re falling
E Am F
do------wn----, down down down


[Bridge] C E
Baby letting go, (baby letting go)
Am
Ain’t easy, (ain't easy)
F C E
Baby letting go, (baby letting go) (woah)
Am
Ain’t easy, Ain’t easy
F
no------
C E
Baby letting go, it ain’t easy (oh!)
Am F
‘Cause somebody you used to know
C
Is flinging your world around
E
And you know what?
Am
They watch as you’re falling, as you’re falling
F C
Do--------wn----