Pages

2/5/14

For the Good Times, Aaron Neville

For the Good Times
Cm 
Don’t look  
Fm 
so sad,  
G 
I know  
A# 
it’s 
 
 
D# 
over
 
But  
Fm 
life goes  
A# 
on and  
D# 
this old  
Gm 
world 
 
 
Cm 
will 
 
 
Fm 
keep on  
A# 
turning
 
Let’s  
D# 
just be  
Gm 
glad 
 
 
D# 
we 
 
 
G# 
had some  
A# 
time to  
D# 
spend 
 
together
 
There’s no  
G# 
need to  
Fm 
watch the  
A# 
bridges that we’re  
D# 
burning
 
Lay your head upon  
A# 
my 
 
pillow
 
Hold your warm and tender  
D# 
body close to mine
 
Hear  
Gm 
the 
 
 
A#m 
whisper 
 
 
D# 
of 
 
 
G# 
the raindrops  
D# 
blowing 
 
 
G#m 
soft 
 
 
A# 
against the window
Fm 
And 
 
 
A# 
make believe  
G 
you love  
D# 
me one more time, for the good times
 
Fm 
I’ll 
 
 
A# 
get along  
D# 
and you’ll  
Gm 
find 
 
 
Cm 
another
Fm 
And I’ll be  
A# 
here 
 
 
D# 
if 
 
 
Gm 
you should  
Cm 
find 
 
 
D# 
you 
 
 
G# 
ever 
 
 
A# 
need 
 
me
 
Don’t  
D# 
say a word about  
G# 
tomorrow or forever
 
There’ll  
A# 
be time enough  
D# 
for sadness when you leave  
A# 
me
Lay your head upon my pillow
D# 
Hold your warm and tender  
Gm 
body 
 
 
A#m 
close 
 
 
D# 
to 
 
mine
G# 
Hear 
 
 
G#MinorMajor7 
the 
 
 
G#m 
whisper 
 
 
A# 
of 
 
 
A#7 
the 
 
 
Cm 
raindrops blowing  
A# 
soft against  
G 
the 
 
window
D# 
And make believe you love me one  
Cm7 
more 
 
 
D# 
time, 
 
 
Gm7 
for 
 
 
D# 
the good times
 
For  
Cm 
the 
 
 
D# 
good 
 
times