Pages

2/4/14

A Perfect Circle, Sleeping Beauty

Sleeping Beauty
A# 
In-delusional, I  
C# 
believed, I could  
G#m 
cure it  
C# 
all for you, dear
 
Coax or trick or drive or  
Fdim 
drag the  
C# 
demons from you
 
Make it right for  
G#m 
you, 
 
 
C# 
C#7 
sleeping 
 
beauty
 
Truly  
G#m 
thought I could  
B 
G# 
magically 
 
 
G#m 
heal 
 
you
 
B 
We’re far beyond a visible sign  
Fm 
of your  
G#m 
awakening
 
I’m  
Aaug 
failing miserably  
D# 
to 
 
 
G#m 
rescue, 
 
 
G# 
sleeping 
 
beauty
 
D# 
Drunk on  
C# 
ego, truly thought I could  
C# 
G#m 
make it right
 
If  
G#m 
 
 
C# 
kissed you one  
A#m 
more 
 
 
G#m 
time 
 
 
C# 
to help you face  
G#m 
the 
 
nightmare
 
But  
B 
you’re far too poisoned  
Gaug 
for 
 
me
 
Such a  
C# 
fool 
 
 
Fm 
to think  
Gaug 
that I could wake you from your slumber
C# 
That I could actually heal  
Fm 
you
 
Sleeping  
F# 
C# 
beauty, poisoned and hopeless
We’re far beyond a visible sign of your awakening
B 
Failing miserably to find a way to comfort you
A#m 
 
Far beyond a  
F# 
visible 
 
 
G#m 
sign of your  
D# 
awakening
 
Hiding  
C# 
from some poisoned  
D# 
memory
 
Fm 
You’re 
 
 
D# 
poisoned and  
G# 
hopeless, sleeping beauty