Pages

12/9/13

Give me that old time religion

Give me that old time religion


                      C                                    G             C
Give me that old time religion, ‘tis the old time religion,
            C7           F                        C        G            C
‘tis the old time religion, and it's good enough for me.

                C                                            G                  C
1. It was good for our mothers, it was good for our mothers,
                 C7                F                         C       G            C
    it was good for our mothers, and it's good enough for me. + CHORUS

                      C                                         G               C
2. Makes me love everybody, makes me love everybody,
                     C7              F                     C        G            C
    makes me love everybody, and it's good enough for me. + CHORUS

               C                                     G             C
3. It has saved our fathers, it has saved our fathers,
               C7            F                         C        G            C
    it has saved our fathers, and it's good enough for me. + CHORUS

              C                                       G                    C
4. It will do when I am dying, it will do when I am dying,
             C7                    F                     C        G            C
    it will do when I am dying, and it's good enough for me. + CHORUS

              C                                         G                    C
5. It will take us all to heaven, it will take us all to heaven,
             C7                    F                       C        G            C
    it will take us all to heaven, and it's good enough for me. + CHORUS

    (trad. gospel)