Pages

11/8/13

I'm Gonna Tell Santa Clause On You

I'm Gonna Tell Santa Clause On You
Recorded by Faron Young
Written by Thelma Blackmon


C                         F
Well I’m gonna tell Santa Claus on you
    G7                         C
I’m gonna tell him that you’ve been untrue
                    F
Christmas Eve he’ll know the score
G7                               C
He won’t come a-knocking on your door

                          F
You’d better not tell him you’ve been nice
G7                      C
Gonna tell him once and maybe twice
                 F
How you broke my heart into
G7                            C
I’m gonna tell Santa Claus on you

   F                         C       G7        C
No use to hang your stocking on your Christmas tree
   D7                             G7
No use to sat up watching for St. Nick no siree

C                     F
You’re gonna be sorry by and by
G7                      C
Gonna wake up Christmas day and cry
                  F
You’ll be sad and I’ll be blue
G7                            C
I’m gonna tell Santa Claus on you

Repeat #1,2

    F                         C           G7    C
But if you say you’ll love me and promise to be true
D7                           G7
Then I’ll make a promise and I won’t tell Santa on you

C                   F
Then we’ll be happy you and I
G7                   C
You won’t be sad and I won’t cry
                   F
We’ll have a Merry Christmas too
G7                                C
Cause I won’t tell Santa Claus on you